Teaching and students
Teaching and doing research with students are central to what I do. I am currently a lecturer and researcher at the School For Field Studies in Siem Reap, Cambodia and the convener of the Summer School on Land Relations in the Mekong Region hosted by the Regional Center for Social Science and Sustainable Development (RCSD) at Chiang Mai University.
- Summer School on Land Relations in the Mekong Region, The Regional Center for Social Science and Sustainable Development (RCSD), Chiang Mai University (on-going)
- Ecosystems and Livelihoods (60 hours): the School For Field Studies, Siem Reap (on-going)
- Land Issues in Southeast Asia (48 hours): International master’s degree in Rural Economics and Sociology, Vietnam National University of Agriculture, Hanoi. Course developed and co-taught with Olivier DUCOURTIEUX (Agro-Paris Tech) from 2010 to 2015
- Geographic Information System (45 hours): Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture and Food Processing, National University of Battambang, Cambodia. Course developed and co-taught with LIM Ymeng, from 2009 to 2012.
- Research Methodology (45 hours): Master’s degree in Development Studies, Faculty of Development Studies, Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Course developed and taught in 2011
- Land Use Planning (45 hours): Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Food Processing, National University of Battambang, Cambodia. Course developed and co-taught with LIM Ymeng in 2011
I have also been involved in preparing and facilitating professional training for different groups (students, and staff from NGOs and ministries), at various levels of complexity on topics such as quantitative and qualitative data analysis, SPSS, Geographic Information System, climate smart agriculture, and land use – land cover change analysis and methodology of agrarian diagnosis.
Supervision of Cambodian, Belgian, French and American students: 24 BSc and 14 MSc students to date
Member of Ph.D. thesis support committee
David Dupuis (2011-2014) – Université Libre de Bruxelles
Rada Kong (2016-2019) – Montpellier SUPAGRO
Sarou Long (2020-present) – Australian National University
Céline Allaverdian (2020-present) – Agro Paris Tech & University of Montréal
PhD thesis co-supervision
Alexia Dayet (2021-present) – Montpellier SUPAGRO – CIRAD